The 6th Cherwell Business Awards Gala Dinner, held at the fabulous Heythrop Park on Friday 5th May, brought together more than 240 guests to celebrate the hard work, success and entrepreneurship of business people within Cherwell District.
Headline sponsors Cherwell District Council opened the Awards Dinner, and Kirsty Leahy from Banbury Sound hosted the ceremony. With 11 award categories, the event has continued to grow and attract talented individuals and outstanding businesses from within the local business community.
During the evening guests enjoyed a drinks reception and 3-course dinner, with a disco and photo-booth adding a real sense of fun and celebration to the night. Sponsors and supporters generously donated prizes for a raffle, raising more than £1,500, with all the proceeds going to the winner of the Charity & Community Award – The Hummingbird Centre.
All 30 finalists were commended before each of the category sponsors announced the winner and presented their elegant, engraved glass trophies and framed certificates.
The winners of the 2017 Cherwell Business Awards are:
- New Business – sponsored by A2Dominion Group Savoir Fare
- Charity & Community – sponsored by Michael Page The Hummingbird Centre
- Small Business – sponsored by Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership Shared Beauty Secrets Ltd
- Retail Award – sponsored by Bicester Village Options Boutique
- Established Business – sponsored by Spratt Endicott Solicitors John Nicholls (Trading) Ltd
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by NatWest Hawkins Group of Companies Ltd
- Apprenticeship of the Year – sponsored by Oxfordshire Apprenticeships Social Sidekick
- Innovation & Creativity – sponsored by Begbroke Science Park Ethos Technology Ltd
- Micro Business – sponsored by Bicester Vision, Bicester Chamber, Bicester Wednesday Breakfast Club
- Business Person of the Year – sponsored by Ellacotts LLP Chris Maynard, Castle Minibus
- The Cherwell Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Norbar Torque Tools and selected from amongst the finalists was awarded to Edd Frost & Daughters.
Congratulations to all the winners and a huge thank you to all the sponsors and supporters of this year’s event. The awards team will now start preparing for 2018, and if you would like to be involved in next year’s event, then please contact Placi Espejo or Jane Ward by email: firstname.lastname@example.org