Ellacotts is very proud to announce that we have smashed our £5,000 target and raised a grand total of £9,542 for our Charity of the Year, Mind!
We have been busy fundraising by:
- Hosting two charity quizzes at Banbury United FC
- Walking a massive 20 miles in one day for our Ellacotts Walkathon
- Holding lots of bake sales and bake offs
- Dressing down for our ‘Dress Down Fridays’
- Wearing our jazziest festive Christmas jumpers
- Selling snacks including chocolates, sweets and ice creams
- Playing Strictly Come Dancing, football and rugby world cup sweepstakes
- Playing golf at two charity golf days at Tadmarton Heath Golf Club
- Donating money instead of sending Christmas cards
- Competing against Brethertons Solicitors during a 4 hour Miles for Mind sporting challenge
David Stevens, Managing Partner, said:
“We are really delighted that we have managed to raise such a huge amount of money for Mind. At Ellacotts, we are very passionate about promoting the wellbeing of our people and Mind are doing amazing things to raise awareness of mental health and support those in need.
Thank you to everyone who has either participated in our challenges, donated or supported our efforts in anyway, we couldn’t have done it without you!”
Mind UK provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
As well as campaigning on a national level, Mind provides help and support directly to those who need it most. Their network of around 135 local Minds offers specialised support and care based on the needs of the communities they support.
Ellacotts next Charity of the Year
Following a staff vote just before Christmas, we’re very pleased to announce our new Charity of the Year is SSNAP (Support for the sick newborn and their parents). Throughout 2020, we’ll be organising lots of fundraising events and activities to raise money for this fantastic charity.
Each year we ask our staff and Partners to nominate charities that mean something to them. They can nominate any charity they wish. All nominated charities are then put to a vote, with the winner becoming our Charity of the Year.