- This event has passed.
Bank of England Panel (Virtual Event)
December 7, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Graeme Chaplin, Agent, Bank of England,
West Midlands & Oxfordshire Agency
Graeme is the Bank’s Regional Agent for the West Midlands & Oxfordshire and will be joining us on Zoom.
The role of the Bank’s regional Agencies is to act as information gatherers for the Bank’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) and Financial Policy Committee (FPC). To this end, the Agents meet regularly with contacts from across the business community to assess the current state of the economic environment. This information plays an important role in the policy decisions of the MPC and FPC.
Graeme joined the Bank in 1992. He has undertaken a variety of roles in Threadneedle Street, including banking supervision, economic analysis and financial stability monitoring. From 2001 to 2008 he was the Bank’s Deputy Agent for North West England.
These are the topics on the Agenda for December’s session:
- To what extent is growth in your business, and among your clients, being constrained by shortages of parts, materials and components or by staff shortages?
- How are retail and leisure operations trading in the run-up to Christmas? Has buying been brought forward?
- Has the end of the Government’s Job Retention Scheme (furlough) affected you or your clients?
- What is the outlook for wage negotiations in coming months? What will be the key drivers?
- Can rising input costs be passed through to firms’ output prices? Do they have pricing power?