Following the arrival of roadworks on the M40 northbound exit slip road and along Ermont Way, the Chamber has liaised with CDC and they with OCC to Highways England to find out more. Here is a summary of the findings:
• We have suggested to HE that it provides advance warning (signage) on M40 northbound – to encourage any queuing to be on the hard shoulder.
• The County Council had already been in contact with HE since the start of the works and has subsequently turned off the traffic lights at the junction to assist with queue reduction.
• The work is essential, installing the new HV electric supply for the developments in that part of Banbury.
• It was brought forward to enable it to be completed before the opening of non-essential retail on 12 April.
• Due to the nature of the work they are unable to work solely at night due to the open trench.
• Work on this stretch will be completed by Easter, followed the week after by Ermont Way to Concord Ave.