Last year Kärcher and Katharine House created The Kärcher Accumulator Challenge – a fun fundraiser to help provide a meaningful contribution to Katharine House ongoing running costs and in this first year a magnificent £11,165.72 was raised. Following this very successful and exciting year we are pleased to announce that the Kärcher Accumulator Challenge for Katharine House will run again in 2015.
So again we are inviting local schools, colleges and businesses to participate in the challenge. Kärcher will provide you with start-up funding of £50. Your task then is to develop a money-making scheme that will generate as much money as possible for Katharine House Hospice.
We believe this fits really well for colleges and schools as part of the business & enterprise curriculum. We would also like to see as many local businesses take part as possible. It’s great for encouraging team building, creative, entrepreneurial ideas and building the local community spirit. One of our winners, Banbury and Bicester College sent us this feedback:
Our Business Students gained an enormous amount from the Accumulator Challenge, it taught them real life skills that are impossible to teach through traditional learning. Our students have noticeably grown in confidence, not only in their own abilities but also in those of their peers. The challenge itself created a passion within the groups that was a delight to work with.
The support and help from the Katherine House Hospice team was invaluable to the students, which helped them to really appreciate the reasoning behind the projects and events they were running.
We are all extremely excited to be joining the Accumulator Challenge again this September.
The Challenge will start on Monday 14th September, and will run until Thursday, 31st December 2015 – just over 3 months for you to raise as much money as possible for this excellent local cause.
There will be an awards ceremony in January where prizes will be given for:-
- Most creative schools entry – under 16
- Most funds generated by a school – under 16
- Most creative sixth form / college entry
- Most funds generated by a sixth form / college entry
- Most creative business entry
- Most funds generated by a business
- And, the overall Kärcher Accumulator Challenge winner (a combination of creative flair and funds raised.)
Kärcher is underwriting this Challenge, so there is no financial risk to you. Your task is simply to encourage and motivate your team(s) to come up with the most creative, money-making scheme.
The terms which apply to the Challenge are as follows:-
1. You receive a £50 stake from Kärcher (UK) Limited which you will use to try to accumulate funds for Katharine House Hospice.
2. You will carry out all activities in connection with the Challenge on your own behalf and at your own risk.
3. You are not authorised to enter any contract on behalf of or to create any liability for Katharine House Hospice or Kärcher (UK) Limited.
4. You will not participate in any illegal activity, or anything that could be deemed to put anyone involved in the Challenge, at risk, including any risk to the reputation of Katharine House Hospice or Kärcher (UK) Limited.
5. All fundraising activity must be recorded on the record card provided and the full details of each activity emailed to the Accumulator Challenge organiser. This information will be published on the Leader Board on the Katharine House Hospice website. The Challenge will start on 14thSeptember 2015 and will finish on 31st December 2015.
6. All money raised and the £50 stake will be returned to Kärcher (UK) Limited within four weeks of the Challenge ending.
Please do email or call either Kärcher – Jordann.Daniells@karcher.co.uk 01295 752187 – or Katharine House – email@example.com 01295 816484 with any questions you may have.
If you would like to participate in the Challenge, please either telephone or send an email to Jordann Daniellsas above to register your interest.
We will be limiting the number of participants in this challenge, so it is first come first served. If you are accepted we will write to you to confirm that you are a participant in the Kärcher Accumulator Challenge. Places are limited so please register your interest by Friday, August 28th.
We will send out a Kärcher Accumulator Challenge Starter Pack to all teams, containing information about Katharine House, further details regarding the Challenge, fundraising ideas and an Agreement to be signed by an adult.
We hope you will participate in this novel, fun enterprise, and help raise funds for Katharine House.